Home About
HouseRockMineral1
Kuse Nature Preserve

A National Wildlife Federation Backyard Wildlife Habitat

The Kuse Farm

In 1883 J. Peter Kuse and his wife Hannah Marie, moved to Medford from Sheboygan Falls where they had first settled when they came to the United States in 1872 from Mecklenburg Schwerin (Germany). Their son John had already settled in Medford where he had come to work as a surveyor some years earlier. In 1881, while visiting John, the Peter Kuses also decided to move to Medford. That year they purchased the land in section 28 in the town of Medford just west of the city and two years later they moved to their new home. Their children Joachim (Joe) and Henricke joined them.

Joachim later married Eleonore Bolz and they had two children, named Rosa and Walter.

Welcome | Gallery | Trail | About | Use | Contact